Monday, August 25, 2014

Motivational Monday: Trust Your Journey

This is something that I have to remind myself everyday. It's hard when you see your goals and they feel so very far away. I know I've talked about understanding your happiness and following your dreams and what not, but that can get really hard sometimes. I find myself having to step back, take a deep breath, and continue moving forward. I have to trust my journey. My step-mom likes to say, "It's not your time." Eh, moms always know best, right? 

Most recently, and my step-mom unintentionally laughs every time I freak out, a large amount of people I know have been getting engaged and/or married. And every time I see a status on Facebook or a post on Instagram, I lose my shit. And I don't mean to be profane, but I really don't know how else to describe it. I seriously just lose it. Best example, and God bless Briam for handling my "moments" with stride, I saw on IG today a post about a Maid of Honor proposal and how that date had already been set, despite getting engaged like 3 weeks ago. And the month, October, has been my month for ever, as long as I can remember. I legit lost it about this girl planning her wedding in October, MY MONTH. Poor Briam just looks over at me and says, "November is nice too! October is scary, with Halloween and all. November is about being thankful. That's better for our wedding." Bless him. Bless him so much. 

I told this story to my step-mom and she just laughed. Because she knows that I'm not losing it in a "jealous, crazy, psycho" way, but in a "Why isn't it my time?" way. 

motivational monday, motivational, journey, God, patience, positive thinking, support, courage, success, dreams, goals, future, love, advice, relationship

So the whole point of this post is that if there is something in your life that you really want, but aren't receiving, then it's not your time. We don't always remember that God has an exact plan for how our lives are going to turn out. And of course He's not going to lead you in the wrong direction. So just know that it's not your time. You will have what you want one day, and if it doesn't happen, God will provide you with the peace to accept that. You'll never be left hanging. 

Trust your journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS