Monday, May 5, 2014

Motivational Monday: Graduation

So I graduated from college on Friday. Yep, I'm officially a college grad. I still can't wrap my head around it. It seems so unreal. I don't need to buy school supplies or textbooks anymore. I don't need to worry about tuition or other college fees. I do have a large sum of loans coming in 6 months but that's for another day. It's taken me 6 years and 5 majors later to accomplish this. And that's something that I want you to take away from this post. No matter how long something takes you, if you truly want it, go for it. 

Part of me felt defeated because I didn't graduate when most of my friends did, after the normal 4 year program. But most of my friends didn't change their major 5 times. I went through all of these: International Business, Biochemistry, Chemical Science, Hospitality, and Organizational Management. And that's what I ended with. Business. Business is probably one of the only subjects that I truly enjoy with all my heart. So now I have a B.A.S in Organizational Management. 

graduation, college, success, future, motivational monday, motivation, motivation monday, education

This post applies to many aspects of your life, not just education. Obviously I personally believe that education is very important, but everyone had their own opinions. But this can apply to your career, losing weight, your relationship, any home project, or any life project. 

I had my brief moment of feeling worthless, but that moved on quickly. I cried when I was on my way home with Briam after graduation. I looked down at my degree and just said "I worked so hard for this." And then proceeded to sob for the next 15 minutes until I was home and eating Chinese food. And then on Sunday I laid my head on Briam's chest and cried. All I could say was "I just don't know."

And I still don't know. What I do know though is that I'm going to figure out. 

So go forth, do what makes you, and do what's right for your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS