Monday, May 12, 2014

Motivational Monday: Beating The Odds

Most of my life I heard more than my fair share of the following phrases: You can't do that. You're not smart enough for that. Why don't you try something else. Wouldn't this be easier for you? Are you really sure you should do that? 

For real? How do you even treat someone that way? Maybe that's why I have such a hard time with commitment. Or maybe I get too committed sometimes. I don't know. Indecisiveness though, on point. And if we're being honest here, I have fallen prey to those negative comments. I believed the horrible people who told me I would never amount to anything. And it's held me back from so many things. 

I'm not sure what it was. Maybe it was the late night ham sandwich or all of the negative comments acting as a peanut gallery in my dreams last night but I realized this morning that shits gotta change. Sorry for the naughty word but really though.

courage, success, motivational monday, motivation monday, positivity, positive thinking, empower network, chloe and isabel, work from home, inspiration


So today, May 12, 2014, I'm creating, starting, and will be documenting my goals for the rest of the year. I guess you could say that I'm "restarting" my New Year's resolutions. So let's take a look back and see if I've accomplished anything that I origannly planned to do this year. (Click this link to see my NYR post)

1. I've really tried to be a better person. That's kinda hard to document, but it's always noticeable when you're nicer to others. You tend to feel really good inside.

2. I am not fit. Nor am I healthy. So, gotta work on that one.

3. I GRADUATED COLLEGE! YAY. I accomplished something and I'm damn proud of it.

4. I am not financially stable yet and I have a butt load of loans coming in 6 months.... So gotta work on that too.

But I have some new ideas, goals if you will. So let's call redo and make with a new resolutions list!

courage, success, motivational monday, motivation monday, positivity, positive thinking, empower network, chloe and isabel, work from home, inspiration

So yeah. Let's do it. Share your mid-May resolutions and let's call redo for each other! 

Help me work on #2! 

1 comment:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS