Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Angel Eggs Turned Easter Eggs

I love Deviled Eggs. But I was told on Easter they should be called Angel Eggs. Hence the post title. Anyways, I love my step-mom's Angel Eggs and wanted to pay tribute to her recipe but add some twists of my own! My Angel Eggs have been turned into a super fun dish, perfect for Easter! Here's how you make your Easter Eggs! 

Ingredients:
9 Large Eggs - Hard Boiled
1/2 C Mayonaise
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste
Paprika for a garnish
Food Coloring for FUN!

ingredients, food, cooking, easter, easter eggs, easter recipe, easter food, easter ingredients

Directions:
1. Once your eggs are cooled down peel them and pat the dry. 
2. Set up your food coloring pools. I picked green, blue, and pink. 
3. Scoop out the yolk of each egg half and put in a bowl to set aside for later.
4. Color your eggs to your desired color. I only let mine sit for about 15-20 seconds each. I was going for the pastel look.

easter eggs, easter, deviled eggs, angel eggs, cooking, food coloring,

5. After you take each egg out of the color pool, or bath, whatever you want to call it, set on a paper towel briefly to absorb any extra liquid. Transfer all eggs to a desired egg holder. I used a pyrex container because I will most likely be taking these to my parents house tonight. 

easter eggs, eggs, food, cooking, easter, easter recipe, easter food, easter cooking

6. In the bowl with the egg yolks, mix in the mayo, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix very well. 
7. Because its easier for me, I used a piping bag to get the yolk mixture into the eggs. You can get the piping bag and tips at Walmart for a good price. 

deviled eggs, angel eggs, easter eggs, easter, food, cooking, easter recipe, easter cooking, easter food,

8. Add the paprika if you want and you are ready to go! Enjoy! 
9. I did snack on a few, but I put the rest in the fridge to set before I transport them! 


Adding color to the eggs takes them for typical holiday/picnic food to perfect Easter appetizer! 

However you make these Easter eggs, enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS