Monday, April 14, 2014

Motivational Monday

Many of us spend our days either remembering how our life used to be or how we think it should've been. I'm guilty of it myself, both ways of thinking. This quote really struck me because it's so very true. I know my life is neither what it used to be or how I though it would be, but if I would let go of those thoughts, my life could be better than I know it to be. 

I look back at my life before I went to college, I really feel like I had my life together. I had friends. I was accepted into 4 major Florida universities. I was going to go into the medical field and cure the world of something. I was a dancer and was darn good at it. I had a lot of things going for me. 

I think of how I wish my life would've been. Thrive in a career I enjoy. A career that pays a butt load of money, of course. I would have a big house, multiple cars, and a husband. I would travel the world, and could leave at a moments notice. I was the best housewife on the block, baking, cleaning, throwing parties. I was going to have a lot going for me. 

But now, my life is neither of those visions. I left FSU and will receive my B.A. from a local state college. I live with my boyfriend and his parents. I have no idea what I'm going to do career wise once I graduate. My debt is continuously growing each month from all of my bills. And my car is a hot mess. 

If you have read The Secret, then you should. And I feel like I need to reread it. It will help change your outlook on life and your actual life. My life is not a bad life. I have a loving father and a boyfriend who loves me unconditionally. I know that one day I'll have the life I dreamed of, but for now, I'm thankful for the life I've been given. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS