Sunday, August 4, 2013

When Life Happens

I'm sure you guys have noticed that my posts on this blog, and my other two, have temporarily stopped. I like to be very open and honest about what's going on in my life, so here it is. This is why the postings have stopped right now. 

I'm playing nurse to my boyfriend, Briam. 

On Friday, August 2nd, Briam went in for surgery. He had torn his labrum extensively and has cartilage damage in his right shoulder. So basically all last week I had been taking him to pre-op appointments, getting everything at the house ready, working, and finally taking him to surgery. 

The surgery was only supposed to last 1 hour. It took over 2. I was a hot mess of anxiety thinking that the worst had happened. When the doctor finally came out to talk to me, he told me that the damage was much worse than what the MRI had shown. Which Briam already expected that. I didn't. 

I've been an emotional wreck too. I've cried at least once everyday since Tuesday. I love Briam more than anything to see him hurt breaks my heart. Add that on top of the fact that Briam won't be able to work for almost 3 months, I have had to get a 2nd job, still being a college student, taking care of bills, wanting to continue with my 3 blogs, making sure that all appointments are scheduled and booked, and then adding normal housework on top of that. I'm legit a hot mess. 

But it's all worth it. Briam will get better. His shoulder will heal and he will no longer have as much pain as he did before. And our relationship will grow stronger because I have been and will continue to be right beside him every step of the way. 

But now that the worst is over, I plan to get back on track with my posts this week. I'm sitting down as I write this to start planning out my week! 

Talk to you guys soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS