Monday, March 4, 2013

Get Fit Recipe: Easy Chik'n Sandwich

Need a quick meal for lunch or dinner? Then try this super yummy chik'n sandwich! I'm going to be honest here, I enjoy veggie chicken much more than I regular chicken. I had this sandwich for lunch today and it was so filling! But you could easily serve it with some fruit or your favorite snack! B and I actually had this the other night as well, when I had to stay late at work and wasn't really in the mood for cooking a big meal. This recipe takes maybe 5-7 minutes total. Quick, easy, and delicious! 

Ingredients:
2 Slices of Ezekiel Bread
1 Chik'n Patty 
1 Small Handful of Organic Arugula 
1 Small Handful of Organic Baby Spinach
1 TBSP of Go Veggie! Cheddar Cheese
1 TBSP of Sweet Chili Sauce 

Quick Note: You can substitute in any healthy bread of your choice. Also, you can use any brand patty for this sandwich. My favorite is Morning Star. Feel free to add more veggies, use different cheese, or even use a different sauce! It's super easy! 

1. Heat chik'n patty according to directions on box. I also warm up my bread because it has to be kept frozen. 
2. Top bread with arugula and spinach. Add patty. Then the cheese. 
3. Top with sweet chili sauce and the other slice of bread. 
4. Enjoy! 


Would you try this recipe?

What other recipes have you tried using a veggie chik'n patty? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS