Monday, January 21, 2013

Get Fit Tip: Alternate Your Workouts

One of the best tips I've ever gotten in regards to keeping my motivation to workout is to alternate your workouts! When you go to the gym ever day or workout to the same DVD, doing the same tedious workout, it gets boring. When something gets boring, you stop doing it. You want exercising to be fun! Because I don't have a gym membership, I workout in my office. I have four different workout DVDs that I like to rotate through to keep me excited about exercising! 

When I'm feeling stressed, this workout has proven to be the best for me, kickboxing! Kickboxing is by far one of the best stress busters I've come across. During the workout, I envision what is stressing me out, and it becomes my target for the remainder of the workout. I have Fat-Burning Kickboxing Workout for Dummies. It is crazy good! The DVD has a warm up, three workouts, and a cool down. It also has a step-by-step tutorial on how to correctly execute the moves in each workout!

If I'm not in the mood for a hard cardio workout, I like to do pilates! To me, pilates is a cross between weight lifting and yoga. You're continually strengthening your body, but with your own weight, and you're stretching out your muscles. Once the workout is over, I feel like a powerhouse! I feel empowered knowing that I don't need anything but my own body to strengthen myself! The pilates DVD that I'm currently loving right now is Element: Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners. 

When I know I need to get my butt in gear and do a hard workout, I pop in Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. OMGoodness this thing is hard! I feel like I'm in bootcamp every time I do this workout! She's no joke. Although it's definitely a great workout, you have to be prepared for the craziness of this. I suggest watching the DVD before you try it, just so you know what to expect. 

My last workout that has, lately, been my go-to routine is Rodney Yee's Yoga for Beginners. This DVD has two separate routines, which concentrate on separate needs. I like to do the energizing routine in the morning to get me stretched and ready for the day! If I've had a long day or my body is sore, i like to do the rejuvenating routine. It's perfect before bedtime. It helps me find my center and feel peaceful before resting. I also like to do quick yoga routine that target certain muscles groups like more, which I talked about last Friday

All of these DVDs can be purchased on Amazon for a great price! I checked around my local stores, and Amazon just couldn't be beat! 


Side note: I am affiliated with Amazon, being that I am a part of the Amazon Associates program.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree, it is so important to switch up your workouts to keep them exciting. It also does wonders for your body. Glad I found your blog, if you get a sec Id love for you to stop by mine!
    xo Dina
    Sweetest Somethings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dina,
      Thank you so very much for your kind comment! I will definitely check out your blog!!

      Delete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS