Sunday, January 27, 2013

Get Fit Recipes: Baked Apples

I love apples. I love apple pie even more. But alas, I cannot have apple pie. I've been wanting to come up with a recipe that allows me to enjoy my apples in a way that would remind me of pie, but obviously wouldn't be pie. I wanted to keep it simple, but still hold plenty of flavor. This recipe is delicious and perfect for yourself or for two! It's also been boyfriend approved! 

Ingredients:
2 Royal Gala apples 
4 tsp of cinnamon (to be split)
Light Agave Nectar

Quick notes: You can use any apple of your choosing. Just pick your favorite apple and go with it! My favorite apples are the Envy apples. But Publix didn't have any yesterday, so I went with the gala apples. Also, I prefer the taste of the light agave nectar to the darker ones, but this again is up to you, which ever one you like better!

1. Pre-heat the oven to 350
1. After removing the stems from the two apples, cut them in half and remove the cores. Place in a glass baking dish. (or what ever you have on hand!)
2. Sprinkle 1 tsp of cinnamon on each apple half.
3. Drizzle the agave nectar over each apple.
4. Let bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until apples are slightly golden on the top.
5. Let cool for 5-8 minutes and enjoy!


What's your favorite healthy dessert?

Have you tried baked apples before?

2 comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS