Sunday, January 6, 2013

Basin Haul: All Natural Beauty Products

Recently, my doctor informed that I need to ditch all of my beauty products and switch to an all natural company. First of all, do you realize how shocked I was? I didn't want to throw away all of my favorite products! But after doing some research and having an extensive conversation with my doctor, I knew I had to do it. So how did I do it? Well, anything that was unopened or slightly used, I gave to my friends. (Who doesn't love free stuff?) And for the rest of it? B now uses it. His hair smells like cherry blossoms. 

Two companies that I found before I came across Basin were Dr. Bronner's and Avalon Organics. I found these brands at Target. I smelled every single products that each company had. I didn't care for any of them. And I'm sure both companies are amazing and many people use them, they just weren't for me. My hopes were a little crushed when I remembered that there was a store in Downtown Disney that sold beauty and bath products, Basin! After researching the brand further and telling my doctor about it, I found a winner! All Basin products are chemical free. They have "no paragons, alcohol, mineral oils, and are not tested on animals and are made in the USA." 

The best part? I was able to get 15% off my entire purchase because B had gotten us annual passes to Disney for Christmas! Sadly though, I can only get this discount if I purchase my products at the Basin located in Downtown Disney. But, this just adds another reason to go to Disney! 

Here are all the products I got at my latest trip to Basin! 

organic, natural, beauty, beauty products, beauty haul, lotion soap, shaving cream, perfume, shampoo, conditioner, skin care, toner, blush, disney

Love Hydrator: $14.99 
Love Moisturizing Soap: $13.99

I absolutely love both of these! I keep the lotion at my desk as a constant reminder to moisturize! Plenty of lotions have gone to waste because of the whole "out of sight, out of mind" dilemma. I keep the soap in our bathroom so B and I both use it! I love that the soap is a cleanser and a moisturizer in one! 

organic, natural, beauty, beauty products, beauty haul, lotion soap, shaving cream, perfume, shampoo, conditioner, skin care, toner, blush, disney

Good Hair Day Shampoo Bar: $7.99
Good Hair Day Conditioner Bar: $7.99

Basin had a deal going on, "Shampoo & Conditioner Bar Barrel", where you could mix and match four  shampoo and conditioner bars for $25. That's a savings of $6.96, which is almost the price of one bar! So I picked up two of each of the Good Hair Day bars. Each bar is supposed to last between 50 and 75 washes. 

organic, natural, beauty, beauty products, beauty haul, lotion soap, shaving cream, perfume, shampoo, conditioner, skin care, toner, blush, disney

Calamine Calming Soap: $6.99
Face Toner: $8.99
Face Lotion: $12.99

For the toner and the lotion, I got the type for Dry to Normal skin. I do have combination skin, but lately my skin has been slightly dry. 

organic, natural, beauty, beauty products, beauty haul, lotion soap, shaving cream, perfume, shampoo, conditioner, skin care, toner, blush, disney

Snowy Soap: $6.89 (Not sold online)
Caffeine Soap: $6.99
Queen For A Day Soap: $5.99
Black Oak Shaving Cream: $17.99

The snowy soap is part of their holiday collection. I guess it's only sold in-store. I actually bought the caffeine soap for B. I thought it would help him wake up in the mornings. I bought two of the Queen For A Day soaps! They smell so good and leave my skin feeling clean and soft! Now I know that this particular shaving cream is meant for a man, for his face, but I love it! It smells beyond amazing and my legs are so silky and smooth afterwards! 

organic, natural, beauty, beauty products, beauty haul, lotion soap, shaving cream, perfume, shampoo, conditioner, skin care, toner, blush, disney

Blush Solid Perfume: $9.99

I'm obsessed with this solid perfume! My biggest love about it? It's super travel friendly! You don;t have to worry about it leaking or breaking! I smelled all of the solid perfumes and this Blush scent was by far my favorite! 

Do you use Basin products?

What are some all natural beauty products that you use?

Side note: I am not endorsed, sponsored, or paid by Basin or Disney. But I'm obviously obsessed with both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS